HOW TO SURVIVE EXAM SEASON
While most people are having fun and decorating for the Holidays, a handful of students out there, including yours truly, are still cramming for their remaining exams. You might know, or know of someone who knows, how it is; the panic, the tears, the craziness. Everybody is trying to cram as much information in as possible as piles upon piles of exams and due dates loom over like a wave in the ocean ready to swallow you whole.
I paint quite the picture, don't I?
Don't get me wrong, though. There are good and bad aspects to everything, and quite certainly, there are good aspects of studying. But I will go into this further when the time is right.
Today, I actually have a few tips on how to de-stress when you're in the midst of an exam period! Because believe it or not, this too shall pass.
Everything on this list will be about taking care of yourself, specifically focused on your body and your mind.
Listen to your body
1. Work out - release endorphins into your brain; it's the "feel good" chemicals in your brains.
2. Eat less of the non-healthy food. But do reward yourself, should you really crave a kebab (which I do 24/7, tbh).
3. Sleep enough. I'm a night owl, so I get it. But staying up way past your limit won't help you cram in any more information.
Clear your mind
1. Take breaks. Do other stuff. Take out the trash, take a shower or a bath, maybe play a level on Homescapes (I'm hooked).
2. Listen to music.
3. Meditate - I use Headspace, which I've talked about before. It's now been over 2 months and I'm still using it every night before I go to bed. Last night, I even found a guide for exam stress. Perfect timing.
BONUS tip: Treat yourself
Normally, I wouldn't lock my schedule off for several hours in the midst of an exam period, but I was so generously offered a treatment appointment at Wella Studio a few days ago, right after my exam. The treatment itself was about treating bleached hair, in which the bonds in your hair had been broken during the bleaching process. Wella's Wellaplex treatment is supposed to mend those bonds and help strengthen the hair to a stronger condition. My hair truly felt soft even after I had it curled, which is just plain amazing. I got some products to take home, which I will try and review later. So stay tuned!
When I got there, I thought I would sit there anxiously thinking about how much studying I could've done, but something about sitting in the salon chair and getting my head massaged and hair nurtured just relaxed me. I walked out of there feeling refreshed and ready to take on the next study session.
So I guess if you have enough time in-between exams, treat yourself to a luxurious treatment. You know what they say; look good, feel good.
That's it from me. Good luck to all you fighters out there!