Travel Tips | CARRY-ON & BAG ESSENTIALS
When travelling, I always tried to pack as much as possible in case there would be an emergency. This often resulted in overpacked bags and heavy weight on my shoulders.
Since then, I’ve started to appreciate the lighter options and have opted for smarter packing. I still carry around a lot, but it’s way less than I used to, so I thought I could share what I have in my travel bags and some of my packing tips with you.
- Passport: the number one essential when travelling, of course. My passport holder is from idealofsweden.com.
- Wallet: I always like to carry a little cash in case the place I'm at don’t take credit card.
- Cardholder: I like to bring my driver's license, debit card and credit card when I'm abroad. I try to only use the credit card while abroad, just in case my card information gets stolen or something, then it would be easier to fix. However, I do have my debit card, too. In addition, I also earn points from airlines when using their credit card, so that I can cash in those points later on for flights.
- Vlog camera: I bring my Powershot G7X Mark II for vlogging.
- USB cable & portable charger: I take a lot of pictures and videos while on vacation, and that usually suck up all the battery in a blink of an eye.
My trips usually last 3-5 nights as I like to travel for shorts periods at a time only. That makes it easier to pack everything in a carry-on.
- Clothing: I always try to bring at least one fancy outfit, one casual outfit and a few items that can be mixed and matched.
- Tech: chargers for my cameras, portable battery charger and phone. Sometimes I also bring my laptop.
- Skincare: I try to bring the absolute essentials only; cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen. I also throw in some face masks for the plane, too, since it barely takes up any space.
- Makeup: I'd advise you to bring a palette that provides you with the ability to do different looks, whether it be a no makeup-makeup look or a full-on glam-look.
- Hair tools: I own a T3 Micro Whirl Trio, but only bring the biggest and the tapered barrel as they give me the best curls.
Lastly, remember to check out what type of outlets your destination has so that you could bring the proper adapter, or check with your accommodation if they provide them during your stay.
What do you always bring with you when you travel? Let me know in the comments below!